We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We have a number of exciting activities this winter semester and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email email@example.com
Have a look at what we have coming up!
April 29 to May 5 - Would you like to study the Bible for one week at a camp?
Come to Mark West at Crimson Lake near Rocky Mountain House, AB. We will be studying the first half of the book of Mark in the Bible with other university students for 40 hours during the week. There will also be time for canoeing on the lake, riding horses, etc. $395 total for lodging, meals, and all activities. $20 discount for new students to Mark West. Contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
We hope to see you at one if not all of these events!
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Conversational English (for Beginners and Advanced) each Wednesday from 7-8:30 PM at Fellowship Baptist Church at 14323-107A Avenue. For more info call Phyllis at 780-455-5641.
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM starting April 11 at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $85 for 16 classes. For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
4. Conversational English on Wednesdays from 7-9 PM starting Sept 21 at Ellerslie Road Baptist Church. The address is 10603-Ellerslie Rd SW. For more info call 780-437-5433
5. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at 6:30 PM at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at email@example.com
6. Lighthouse Café – Free coffee, hot chocolate, tea and snacks. Relax, Make friends, Practice English, and Discuss Beliefs. Some Fridays 7-9 PM in HUB mall. Contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. English Conversation Cafe (for all levels) on Saturdays from 9:30-11 AM starting on Saturday, Sept. 17, 2016 at Central Baptist Church at 9419-95 St. Free Continental Breakfast. Go in the parking lot door on the east side. For more info contact Vince Cottrell at email@example.com
8. English Conversation Café on Saturdays from 10-11:30 AM starting September 26 to early May at Bethel Gospel Chapel at 11461-95 St. (Central area) (This is not ESL English so it would not be suitable for someone with little or no command of English). For more info contact Bethel at http://bethelesl.simplesite.com/420013688