We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this semester and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email email@example.com
Have a look at what we have coming up!
1. January 15, 2020 - Wednesday iFG Discover Program at Riverside Lounge in HUB Mall
Join us every Wednesday this semester (except on Reading Week) at Riverside Lounge in HUB Mall from 6:30-8:30 PM. We will enjoy supper or delicious snacks together. This is a great opportunity to make some new friends, practice English and learn about Jesus from the Bible. All are welcome!
2. Jan 31 – Feb 2, 2020 – Winter Camp at Pioneer Ranch Camp near Rocky Mountain House, AB
You can now register for Winter Camp. Activities include horseback riding, snowshoeing, broomball, board games, ice skating (if you have skates), music and Bible story discussions. You will sleep on cabins, some with wood stoves and some with gas stoves. The cost is $145 and it includes everything (transportation, lodging, meals, and activities). You can register HERE. The deadline in January 25, 2020.
If you have questions about any of the above activities, please contact you have questions about any of the above activities, please contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-686-3332, Danae at email@example.com or Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. February 7, 2020 - Supper at the home of James & Ann Siebert
Come for a great evening in a Canadian home! A special welcome to new International students! We will enjoy some good food together (halal and vegetarian food available). You will have the opportunity to make some new friends and visit with old ones, play games. There will be an optional music time and Bible discussion. The night will end with some good dessert.
HOW TO GET THERE: Meet at HUB Mall LRT station on the ground floor (It says “Exit to 112 Street” right there) at 5:30 PM. Look for students holding a sign that says “International Friendship Group.” They will bring you to the Siebert home and help you get back to campus!
Friday Night Supper dates for this semester : March 6 & April 3
4. Feb 18, 2020: Day Ski Trip (More details to come)
5. March 13, 2020: IFG Discover Overnighter (More details to come)
This is a special trip over one night for attendees of IFG Discover on Wednesday nights
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at email@example.com
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $95 for 9 weeks (18 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
3. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church – 10436-63rd Avenue NW starting from Sept. 11, 2019 at 7 PM. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
4. Conversational English on Mondays starting Sept. 9 from 6:30-8 PM at People's Church at 15641-96 Ave. Please contact 780-481-2244 for more info