We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this fall semester and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email email@example.com
Have a look at what we have coming up!
1. Sept 11, 2019 - Alpha Program for International Students
Welcome to Alpha for International students every Wednesday this semester, starting Sept 11 at 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM in Riverside Lounge in HUB mall (north end of mall). Come for Free supper (halal or vegetarian food available), a shorter video about Life, Faith, and God, and then a small group discussion. Great for practicing English, making friends, and discussing beliefs. Please let us know if you'd like to come! For more info, email Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 780-686-9991
2. Sept 13, 2019 - Games Night
Join us for a fun evening of games at Riverside Lounge in HUB Mall from 6 – 8 PM. We will provide some snacks a bunch of board games. You are most welcome to bring some snacks and games if you would like.
3. Sept 20 - 22, 2019 - La Glace Farm Trip
We will stay in Canadian homes for the weekend. You can expect to eat some amazing food, visit a Canadian Church on Sunday morning and learn about rural canadian life. Some of the activities we may possibly do include visiting a bison ranch, a cattle ranch, riding the "screamer swing" at a camp, see a Canadian dog sled team and a grain farm. The cost of the trip is $135 and you can sign up now. If you have questions about the LaGlace Farm Trip or to sign up, contact James at email@example.com or 780- 686-3332.
4. Oct 4, 2019 - Supper at the home of James & Ann Siebert
5. Dec 20-23, 2019 - International Christmas
Not going home for Christmas? Don't stay alone over the break. Join us for International Christmas at Camp Evergreen near Sundre, AB. Students from University of Calgary will also be joining us. You will have the opportunity to learn about Christmas from the Bible, play lots of board games, enjoy wagon rides pulled by horses, ice skating, sledding and some good food. You can also enjoy horse back riding for $15. The cost of the trip is $280 and if you would like to sign up or have any questions, you may contact James, Ann or Danae.
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $95 for 9 weeks (18 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
3. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church – 10436-63rd Avenue NW starting from Sept. 11, 2019 at 7 PM. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
4. Conversational English on Mondays starting Sept. 9 from 6:30-8 PM at People's Church at 15641-96 Ave. Please contact 780-481-2244 for more info