We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We have a number of exciting activities this winter semester and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a look at what we have coming up!
Welcome to a Camping Trip Fri. June 9 to Sun. June 11
Entwistle Community Church is having a campout on the weekend of June 9-11th. They are inviting us to bring a group of 26 International students J Here are some details:
Where will we go?
Entwistle, AB is about 1 hour and 15 minutes west of Edmonton
When will we leave?
Friday, June 9 about 4:45 PM
When will we come back?
Sunday, June 11 about 4:30 PM
Who can go?
International students, post docs, visiting professors. The Siebert family is going too J
Where will we stay?
The church people will be parking their RVs (Recreational Vehicles) on a grassy field by the church. You will stay in a tent or a teepee on a tarp or sleeping pad (about 1 cm thick) on the ground. Guys will stay with guys and girls with girls. If you really really don’t want to try camping in a tent or teepee but you still want to come, we may have another option for you. ????
What will we need to bring?
What will we do?
Relax, relax, and relax some more J. Enjoy meeting and visiting with Canadians. Practice English. Enjoy good food. Singing around the campfire. Some Bible talks around the campfire. Maybe get to see some horses. Play baseball. On Sunday morning we will join the church program.
What is the cost?
$75 per person includes everything (transportation, meals, etc.) Pay by cash to James or Ann, or by cheque to IVCF-ISM Edmonton.
What do I need to do next?
Let us know you want to come!
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Conversational English (for Beginners and Advanced) each Wednesday from 7-8:30 PM at Fellowship Baptist Church at 14323-107A Avenue. For more info call Phyllis at 780-455-5641.
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM starting April 11 at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $85 for 16 classes. For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
4. Conversational English on Wednesdays from 7-9 PM starting Sept 21 at Ellerslie Road Baptist Church. The address is 10603-Ellerslie Rd SW. For more info call 780-437-5433
5. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at 6:30 PM at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at email@example.com
6. Lighthouse Café – Free coffee, hot chocolate, tea and snacks. Relax, Make friends, Practice English, and Discuss Beliefs. Some Fridays 7-9 PM in HUB mall. Contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. English Conversation Cafe (for all levels) on Saturdays from 9:30-11 AM starting on Saturday, Sept. 17, 2016 at Central Baptist Church at 9419-95 St. Free Continental Breakfast. Go in the parking lot door on the east side. For more info contact Vince Cottrell at email@example.com
8. English Conversation Café on Saturdays from 10-11:30 AM starting September 26 to early May at Bethel Gospel Chapel at 11461-95 St. (Central area) (This is not ESL English so it would not be suitable for someone with little or no command of English). For more info contact Bethel at http://bethelesl.simplesite.com/420013688